Inside Diamond – In Person Public Open Day
The ballot is now closed for submissions for the Saturday 10th June open day.
Our Inside Diamond open day events offer the chance for members of the public to visit the facility and see inside our particle accelerator and experimental laboratories. You will also meet some of the scientists that use Diamond and can ask them about the work they do – everything from viral proteins to engine parts and ancient texts.
A typical visit will take approximately 2/2.5 hours and will consist of:
- An introductory talk giving a general overview of Diamond and what it is used for.
- A guided tour – including a trip to see inside the synchrotron and our laboratories – please note that extensive walking will be involved
- An opportunity to talk to Diamond employees and ask them about their work and the facility
There are several starting times for the visits which you can select during the booking process (typically 9:30, 11:00, 12:45 and 14:15).
- Due to the size of the facility, during the guided tour there will be extensive walking involved, we advise all visitors to wear comfortable footwear.
- Due to the nature of the facility we do not admit visitors under the age of 6, and we recommend that the visit is more suitable for adults and children aged 11+.
- We have very few restrictions due to health and mobility issues, although we ask you to tell us of any special requirements during registration so we can ensure suitable tour routes are available.
We also run dedicated school visits and group visits