Cliff Dare MBE, FRICS
Chief Operating Officer and Head of Real Estate
• MBE Queen’s Birthday Honours
• Fellow of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Over the last twenty years Cliff has developed an integrated “portfolio career”- mixing a military career in the Royal Marines, with that of a Chartered Surveyor running a small property development & consultancy company. He is an effective, self-disciplined, motivated and
dynamic property professional, fully conversant with the whole property process from inception to completion and onto management and disposal; coupled with a track record of delivery with over two million square feet of completed developments.
His military experience includes tours of Afghanistan and Iraq and the unique challenge of working on the 2012 Olympics (as a Lieutenant Colonel: SO1 Olympics) at some of the great waypoints of the Games, including the co-ordination of both the arrival of the Flame at RNAS Culdrose, and later by helicopter abseil into the Tower of London. These hybrid skills enable Cliff to build relations across a complex array of agencies and actors, up to Ministerial level.
• His two teenage children
• Wessex Reserve Forces & Cadets Association (RFCA): Estates Committee member, advising on entire RFCA portfolio.
• The Poppy Factory: Trustee of the UK’s the leading employment charity for veterans with physical and/or mental health conditions.
• Skiing (used to race)
• Cricket (qualified coach and County triallist)
• Rugby (now just watching, though played for Richmond)
• Horse Riding (has own horses) with family
• Cooking & Wine Tasting (Wine Spirit & Educational Trust Higher Certificate)