Harwell NextGen: Renting or Buying your First Home
Join us on Thursday 9 February from 10:30-12:30 for this interactive talk event plus Q&A and networking at Satellite Applications Catapult
This will be an interactive talk lasting around 1 hour. Amy and Caroline, from PMC’s property litigation and residential property teams, will discuss and answer your questions regarding the key legal aspects of renting or buying property.
What you should know about renting:
- Unfair Contract Terms/Tenant Fees Act 2019
- HMOs & licensing schemes
- Overview of s21 notices & challenging them (may be replaced with information on the renter reforms if there is an update between now and then)
Your first step on the property ladder:
- Preparing your finances – consider SDLT and the overall cost of your ‘additional extras’
- Finding a property and the next steps
- Who else do you need in your ‘team’
- Issues to look out for
There will also be the opportunity to connect and network with your fellow colleagues over refreshments.
Register today to secure your place!
- 10:30 – Arrivals and networking
- 11:00 – Harwell NextGen: Renting or Buying your First Home
- 12:00 – Q&A and networking
- 12:30 – Event Close
Harwell NextGen is a multi-disciplinary programme for early-career professionals and students at Harwell Campus. As a central hub, we aim to signpost and organise events and opportunities that support your integration into campus life. Our mission is to foster innovation and collaboration through nurturing and supporting you – our NextGenners.
Please feel free to share these opportunities with anyone based on campus you feel would benefit from engaging with the NextGen community. Everyone is welcome.
We look forward to seeing you there!