Harwell Net Zero Energy Conference
Marking the Energy Tech Cluster’s 4th anniversary, which has grown to 80 organisations at the Harwell Campus, and over 100 organisations in its wider network, this conference will bring together a diverse mix of public and private organisations from across the energy, environment, and transportation sectors.
Together, we will reflect on lessons learned from COP26 and discuss the role of the UK supply chain in the scale-up of technologies in meeting the UK’s ambitious net-zero target, and look to how these can contribute globally as well as locally.
The conversation will also consider how the cluster model is driving innovation and inward investment across sectors and regions – supporting the government’s levelling up commitment and building back better and greener.
Outline of Programme
- Dr. Barbara Ghinelli – Director, Harwell Campus Business Development and Clusters at Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Stuart Grant – CEO, Harwell Campus
13.40 Opening Address
- Ricardo Folgado – Chief Development Officer at Brookfield Renewable Europe
13:50 Keynote Presentations
- Tim Curtis – Managing Director at Ricardo
- Robert Trezona – Partner, Head of Cleantech at IP Group
- Emma Haskett – Head of Energy Network at Bennamann Energy
14:30 Harwell Energy Tech Cluster – supporting the clean energy revolution
- Emma Southwell-Sander – Harwell EnergyTec Cluster Development Manager at Science & Technology Facilities Council
14.45 Tech Nation Report “Scaling to Zero” Scaling technologies toward application
- George Windsor, Head of Insights at Tech Nation
14.55 Closing remarks
- Professor Pam Thomas FInstP CPhys, CEO Faraday Institution
15:00 Main event closes
We look forward to welcoming you to this event.